Hello my little bakers! So, I was trying to come up with a “healthy” version of a pumpkin cookies, and as it turns out, a “healthy” pumpkin cookie is a muffin! SO, back to test kitchen with some delicious Pumpkin Spice cookies! You need butter to make these cookies the way I want them! Believe me, these cookies melt in your mouth, and it is so worth it to run that extra mile once you taste these! I’m going to run five today!
Anyway, these cookies have all the taste of a spiced pumpkin pie, but with a light and airy body. They literally melt away as you take a bite! They are easily made into cookie sandwiches, and they taste amazing both ways. If you want a crisper cookie try cooking them for 20 minutes or so, checking the bottoms after 15 minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
So, you will need…
- 2 C. Butter, softened
- 2 C. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 15 oz. Pumpkin puree
- 4 C. All Purpose flour
- 1/2 C. Butter
- 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C. Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 1/4 C. Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbs. Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Here was my process…
- Set the oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Beat butter in a large bowl for 30 to 45 seconds until fluffy.
- Add sugar, baking soda, baking, powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well. (You can use a hand blender, a stand up mixer or a good old-fashioned wooden spoon.)
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add pumpkin, mix until well combined.
- Add flour gradually and use a wooden spoon to mix the flour in until well combined.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, use a pastry bag to pipe out cookie onto sheet. They should be about 1 1/2 inches wide and 2 inches apart so they don’t spread out into one another.
- For the Frosting, in a saucepan heat up the butter and brown sugar until smooth and melted.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Beat in powdered sugar and cinnamon until smooth.
- Add Heavy Cream to cut the sweetness
- Let cookies cool completely before attempting to frost them, unless you want to try one immediately!
If these cookies don’t put a smile on your face, you might just be dead! Please try and enjoy!