Yummy Yummy people! I am loving the whole candy making thing, and since it is so hot outside, I figured why not give my oven a break. This is a super easy way to make delicious, fairly guilt free Peanut Butter Cup type treats at home.
I can honestly say that i don’t get the PB&J thing… AT ALL! It is a bizarre combination of food that just doesn’t work for me. Lots of treats involving peanut butter call for salt, but I think peanut butter is salty enough. Some say it adds to the flavor, but so does the chocolate, the honey, etc. No salt needed here. These are the perfect addition to a summer ice cream sundae!
So, you will need…
- 2 C. Peanut Butter, use the All- Natural kind, it just tastes better!
- 2 3/4 C. Confectioners Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Honey, local honey of course
- 1/4 C. Butter, at room temperature
- 1 C. Chocolate or Chocolate Candy Coating finely chopped, tempered for dipping
Here was my process…
- Combine peanut butter, butter, confectioners sugar and honey in a bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until a thick mixture forms.
- Take your candy mold and fill each mold, pressing down to make sure all air bubbles have escaped.
- Scrape excess off top of each mold, and place in freezer for up to an hour until stiff.
- Pop hearts out of mold onto a piece of parchment on a baking sheet.
- Temper chocolate or candy coating, I used a double boiler for my candy coating but you can use the microwave too.
- Dip hearts into candy coating and let set.
These are so easy to make, and so much fun to eat. It is always nice to eat homemade candies, and they are going to make a great gift as well!
Happy Baking… or Candy Making!