As “mature adults” we try to enjoy the finer treats offered. You give up the ring dings and the store-bought doughnuts for Creme Brulee and Passion Fruit tarts. You trade up, as you always should! But there are classics we all love, that can use a little fine tuning from time to time. Who knew that adding a teaspoon of finely ground vanilla bean could turn the ever tempting and delicious rice crispy treat into a gourmet treat worth its calories.
So, you will need…
- 6 C. Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 Bag Marshmallows
- 1/4 C. Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Bean, finely ground
Here was my process…
- Lightly butter a deep baking sheet or square cake pan.
- Combine Butter and Vanilla Bean in large pot over medium heat, let butter melt.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately Add Rice Krispy cereal and stir until well combined.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and let cool.
These treats are so easy to make, and the extra special kick of the Vanilla Bean brings this vintage recipe into the brave and exciting new culinary world. This sophisticated Marshmallow Square has a place in every home at any time. That is the beauty of classics, you don’t have to save them for a rainy day. 😉