Hey! What is more sexy than chocolate?! Trick question because there is no answer! Add some classic french flavors and hello curvaceous, sweet and sultry candy 😉
I love to use a little culinary lavender in sweets. The key word being, a little. If you overuse this ingredient, your delicious treats can quickly turn to soap. It is a love hate relationship, and you have to make sure your measurements are exact.
That being said, this is a great little taste of France! The vanilla bean gives a delicate look to the white chocolate candy. You might only have a few, but they look great, and taste even better so gifting them is always an option.
I haven’t figured out my own White Chocolate recipe yet, that is on its way. For this candy making batch I just melted down some solid white chocolate, crushed some culinary lavender with ground vanilla bean and set the molds. It only makes me want to be a Chocolatier!
So, you will need…
- 1/2 lb. Solid White Chocolate
- 1/8 tsp. Crushed Culinary Lavender
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Vanilla Bean
Here was my process…
- In a double Boiler melt White Chocolate, stirring frequently to allow a smooth consistency.
- Once white chocolate is smooth add Lavender and Vanilla Bean and stir. Allow flavors to meld before placing in molds, but be sure to not burn.
- I used a measuring cup with slight lip to pour chocolate into the molds.
- Allow to cool until the candy looks glossy and is solid to the touch. About 2 hours. You can always pop the mold in the refrigerator to speed up the process,l or save them from the summer heat!
- Pop out of molds and enjoy!
I don’t care what anyone says, making chocolate is hard, and a daunting task. I intend to master the craft, so look out world, my chocolate is on the rise!
Happy Candy Making!