Hello all! The miserable humidity of summer has finally given way to the cold crisp air of Winter. I can finally bake without dying in my kitchen, and once again the holiday season is upon us… and I am inspired. Candy, cookies, bread and cakes! This is the best time of year, and the most fun in the kitchen. Tis the season for Butter.
For my comeback recipe I present you with my mothers Carrot Cake. It is simple, moist, delicious and elegant.This is the perfect fall or winter cake with so much flavor packed in it is hard to believe there are no secret ingredients. I do enjoy an element of surprise, but that might be best left in other areas of the house… 😉
So, what you will need…
- 2 C. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 C. Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs, well beaten
- 2 C. Carrots, peeled and finely grated
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Stick Butter, softened
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 lb Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Here was my process…
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease cake pan and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add Vegetable Oil, Eggs and Carrots. *Make sure to beat the eggs very well and to peel and finely grate the carrots.
- Mix all ingredients until very well combined and pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 – 35 minutes or until cake tested comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
- Combine all ingredients for the frosting in mixing bowl. For the best and the fluffiest frosting use and electric mixer!
This cake is delicious and addicting. It is great for every occasion and you can dress it up any way you could ever dream of. This cake is as moist as cake could get without falling apart… it is a cake fit for the angels.
Nothing says ‘I love you’ like a cake. 😉