It is really starting to feel like summer, and what I love to do in the summer is go camping, eat hotdogs on a stick and eat s’mores! I usually stock up on cute bandanas to keep my hair up and Hershey’s chocolate bars (because the old-fashioned way is usually better). 😉 What is a s’more without Hershey’s chocolate?! Who are these people trying to kid with their ganache and fancy chocolate lingo?! I love those things too, but there is a time and a place for these things! Keep it simple and classy!
For these cupcakes I wanted to stay true to the classic s’more. I used Honey Made Graham Crackers, Hershey’s chocolate and marshmallows! The cupcake is actually made with graham crumbs, about 3/4 graham and 1/4 flour, and it is really, really good!
So, you will need…
*makes 24 cupcakes s’more!
- 1/2 C. Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 C. Graham Cracker crumbs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 8 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 C. granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 C. Milk, whole milk is the best for this recipe
- 1 bag Marshmallows
- 4 Hershey’s Chocolate Bars, regular size
Here was my process…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two muffin pans with parchment liners.
- In a medium bowl combine cake flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat EGG WHITES until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add EGG YOLKS and vanilla to butter mixture, and beat on low speed until everything is well incorporated.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients and the milk. Beat until well combined.
- BEAT in the egg whites, do not fold them in, this helps keep the cupcakes from drying out and being too dense.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans, about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-17 minutes.
- At 12 minutes, pull out cupcakes and stick a piece of Hershey’s chocolate into the center, return to oven and let bake another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once room temperature, take marshmallows and place them on top of the cupcakes. Return to oven and let the marshmallows brown, like they would at a campfire!
- Remove from oven, place another piece of chocolate into the top of the marshmallow allowing them to melt like it would on a real S’more.
These are AWESOME!